Pootler Design Team - Bookcase Builder Week 1


I am absolutely delighted to be part of the Pootler's Design Team. I was soooo excited to be chosen and even more excited when I found out that the stamp was the bookcase builder. It's definitely one of those stamp sets where you have to think outside of the box to make different looking projects, but that's what I enjoy. I enjoy a challenge :)

So this is the stamp set we were challenged to use:
*Image © Stampin’ Up! ®

So here is my first project. I have recently just moved into my own apartment with my fiancee. We are officially homeowners yeyyyyy!  So this was the perfect stamp set to show him how much I love this new adventure we are having.

I thought the sentiment I used was appropriate to the occasion, and the decor items completed the project.

I liked incorporating in the Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack with this too. It may be past valentine's day, but that doesn't mean I want to stop sending love to people :) (I'm getting quite soppy now......this is not normally how I behave haha) I knew as soon as I chose the sentiment that I would use the Sending Love paper and I think it's a great choice.

I used the Real Red ink pad as this is the colour reflected in the paper, but I also chose to use the Rich Razzleberry as I thought it really complimented the Real Red ink.



To complete the project I rounded off the corners on the whisper white paper with the sentiment to make it appear softer and closed the box with linen thread. I doubled this up, wrapped it around the top of the box and pushed the sides in. I chose the linen thread as this, in my mind, represented our move away from the city to the countryside :)

I hope you enjoyed my first project. I'm excited to show you the next ones :)

Speak to you soon,
Jessica xoxo


Designed by FlexyCreatives