Pootler Design Team - Bookcase Builder Week 2

Welcome back to week 2 everyone. I hope you are enjoying the amazing projects that have been showcased so far. I'm still a giddy kipper about showcasing my own projects and still find it completely unbelievable that I was chosen to be part of the Pootler's Design Team.

*Images © Stampin’ Up! ®

So this week I decided to do some thing a little bit different. But I'm really glad I did as I have a new found love of homemade cards. I'm normally one of those that enjoys figuring out a 3D project, but I absolutely loved creating this card.




I liked the simple colours. Whisper White and Night of Navy.... so elegant. And with a pop of Real Red to add a bit of dimension.

Even if I do say so myself, I really think I stretched the boundaries of this stamp set by using it this way. I love tailoring projects to events that have. or are happening in my life. As I mentioned in my last Design Team blog, I have just become a homeowner with my fiancee. Our next step is to get married, and being the typical girly girl I have already decided on my wedding colours ( I may have even already decided on these before he proposed *ahem*).

Our wedding is going to be Navy and Silver with a hint of Pink, so I made this card as close to those colours as possible. Night of Navy, Whisper White and Real Red.

I love the sentiment "I didn't know we were making memories, I just thought we were having fun" It really spoke to me when I was designing the card as Tom proposed to me while we were on holiday for my birthday. I really didn't expect it at all, I just thought we were on holiday and I love how it m arks another chapter in our lives.
The globes are symbolic for the fact we were abroad when it happened, but that we carried that love back home.

I loved creating this card and I hope you love it too.
Speak to you soon,
Jessica xoxo

Designed by FlexyCreatives